Sunday, April 19, 2009

Please Help

So the last several beautiful sunny days I can't help but notice all the trash strung all over the highways, streets, and lawns. 2 times in 1 week I witnessed car doors open and the driver with with young kids in the back seat drop fast food bags/cups out onto the highway and drive away. I was so freaking upset. Yes, I picked them up and tried to follow to get plate numbers. I have been a maniac picking up bags of litter anywhere I can stop to do so. Pretty certain that most people think this is "somebody elses" job. But I can tell you it is not. EVERYONE must lead by example If we do something...it gives permission to others to do the same. We must do our part to show Mother Earth that we honor and respect her. It is up to each of us to mirror what HONOR and RESPECT looks like. Parents must lead by example: teach your children to do this too. I have visions of the TV commercial of the Native American Elder With The Tear In His Eyes looking at the polluted lakes and streams, skies and highways: with the tag line Help Keep America Beautiful! As a kid this left a life long impression on me!
As we were driving by a park the other day, I saw 3 men with orange vests who were picking up garbage by the road. I beeped and yelled: Thank you to each of them. Said a extra prayer of blessings for them. Grateful that I am not alone on this mission. Paid or not: Together it is our responsibility to do better "Caring for our plannet". Waving your flags or sporting those I LOVE THE USA bumper stickers doesn't quite cut it. Get out, take a deep breath, bend over and PICK IT UP. Use trash bags, garbage cans. Wake up and help us. One bag at a time it is time to do your part!

No comments:

Post a Comment