Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Maker's Diet & The Shaman's Way

So I have been asked to share what this is. First I wish to say I dislike the word diet. It has too many visions of failure or sabotage associated with it. Let's use the words "healthy eating plan."
It is very much like the shaman diet we ate in Peru. Fish, chicken, soups, eggs, nuts, beans, fresh papayas, mango's, bananas/plantains , figs, dates, apples, pomegranates, coconut(the meat, milk and oil) dark leafy veggies, olives, onions, avocado, rice, honey, sea salt, pepper, olive oil, cinnamon, nutmeg, all spice. We drank teas and aloe juice.
Quite honestly, I never felt better. Even under the most challenging of physical conditions Hey, it was 105 degrees in the shade everyday. Nothing was cold. Everything was either warm or warmer. But eating this way I had more energy, felt more alive. My blood felt more pure flowing within my being. Oh yea, and everything was prepared with song and prayer. Maybe that was the magic ingredient. But I remember feeling more awake and aware. Like someone lifted the fog out of my brain. Lately when I am meditating I have been asking how I can loose weight and get healthy once and for all. And I hear: Robin just eat like they did in the bible. Oh, and everyday I use frankincense, sandalwood and myrrh oil on my body. Smudge with white sage. Now I will start singing and praying as I prepare my food. I think we just may be on to something.

No comments:

Post a Comment