Friday, March 20, 2009

Ah...And Then There are Those Speed Bumps!

So I am moving along quite nicely. Over coming fears and obstacles leaps and bounds. Feels really good, I am finding my comfortable pace. I am catching up with the lead cars....and then "BAM" I hit a speed bump. I literally I hit the ground. I am stunned, embarrassed, hurt and wounded both inside and out. What the heck does this mean? Well after a brief ER visit last night, lots of ice, nice pain medicine and a not so good nights sleep I hear in my morning meditation: Slow and steady wins the race Robin. Stop trying to do it "all or nothing". OK I think I understand this. But why the @#&*^ "speed bump?" I hear: You were using far too much energy out of the starting line. (NO I am not a Nascar fan or a horse racing one either) But I get it....I can see the track. It all makes sense to me know. If I am indeed seeking balance and moderation in my life then the added pressure of making up for lost time is not the way to achieve this. Today I am sore and slow. But I am more focused then ever on the goals: the changes I have set out for myself. I am certain that by slowing myself down, step by step, one day at a time this long term changes will happen. Change is no longer impossible but actually inevatible. Learning that "slow and steady" is fast enough. I know that I will not get lost, instead I will enjoy the view. Awake and aware on this wonderful life journey. And yes my friends, I am thanking God today for the speed bump. With nothing broken but an unhealthy pattern!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, yes. Speed bumps. They do get your attenion, don't they? Feel better.

    ReplyDelete