Saturday, July 31, 2010

beautifully broken... shaped by the wind... dangerously twisted

So these are the lyrics to a song I really like at this time in my life. It is called "Beautifully Broken" by Warren Haynes. The words somehow fit my soul right now. For the 1st time in years I feel as though my inner beauty is coming forth. Through all the years of pain, struggles and challenges I am EMERGING from my cocoon of protection. Becoming all I am meant to be.
Shaped by the wind: is the breath of all life and my connection to the Spirit World.
Dangerously twisted: to the edge by the those who tried to break me.
Broken: finding out that no matter what my body says.....my Spirit will always be unbroken.
I also had another great accomplishment. I do NOT like photos of me taken. Super Duper picky about ones that are used for press packages(ask Liz) etc until last Sunday. I came home after an awesome day at PSC and Jo asked to take pictures of me and Lily Bits. I said yes. And out of 10 she took....I really liked 7 of them so much that I shared them on Facebook. I know not a big deal right? But it was to me. She said, you need photos to show you along the way how far you are coming with weight loss. It made sense. Denying a part of who I was, or am at any given moment seems pointless. I need to see the "Beautifully Broken". So I am staying present and practicing acceptance. Of all the parts that express me, my life and journey. Yes, I "knew" that this was important to the process, but it was still just one more thing I sometimes forget to do. I am making notes for myself. Sticky notes are another favorite thing for me to use right now. Sue, my hairdresser aka " She Who Makes Me Look Good" gave me sticky notes which say: "Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting!" She said they just screamed my name when she bought them for me! They are everywhere reminding me that I MUST do this. Plus they make me giggle out loud. And yes, that is the kicker. The true key to survival: LAUGHTER. It really is the best medicine. I am happier than I have ever been. I am more my authentic self too. I really LOVE my life, my job, my family and friends. I am so pleased to be on this next lag of the journey. I don't know where I am going....but I can't wait to get there. This line will be on my marker someday when I finally leave this rock for good! lol I am so excited to see where this road I am on is going to take me next. If you haven't heard me say this to you personally yet, listen up: I am SO very grateful you are on the journey with me. Together we are one! *hugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment