Monday, December 6, 2010

Positive Changes Happening!

So you haven't heard from me in quite sometime. No, I didn't forget you. It has been a long and busy summer/fall and yes now winter. Plenty has happened since I blogged last. Lots of clients, weddings, a womens retreat, a cruise, PSC events too. Mostly I spent awesome quality time with myself, my family and our pets. I know most of you see me at PSC regularly. But for those who don't, I have been busy pealing off the layers of years of neglect aka-weight. Walking, using hand weights yes, even dancing when no one is watching! One thing is for sure, I am really loving this journey I am on. The journey of rediscovering me. Every week I toss clothes into a bag and give them away. And it feels really good to be close to 50 lbs less. I have so much energy. These days I am doing most of this alone. Some of the friends I thought would be supportive have been no where to be found and some friendship have broken. I was hurt and surprised by this at first. Maybe because our relationships revolved around doing lunches, making dinners. I found it weird that they just stopped calling/talking to me right after surgery. (fyi-I still eat people just not so much!) But a few new ladies stepped forward. They touch in, check in and really listen when I need them! I am very thankful to have their love and support. Some don't know what to say....so they say nothing at all or ask if I am sick...to which I reply: No, I am not....actually I have never felt better. Please do not think I am bragging! I am simply proud of my new accomplishments and hard work. I wish to share my journey to inspire others. And I am selfish too. It would be easier if I had people working to create positive life changes with me.

The one true constant IS change. Albert Einstein said: the definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results. It is much easier to stick with the devil you know.... then to take the time to get to know and try something NEW. Yes, this is the hardest thing I have ever done in my entire life. Weight loss surgery IS NOT THE EASY WAY OUT. It is in fact a new way IN. To get back into the game of life by not sitting on the sidelines watching anymore! At times I do get over emotional or a bit edgy. But then I remember that this is vital for my overall health and happiness. Truth is I may never LIKE to exercise. But if I don't move...the numbers on the scale don't change very much.
Last Monday I had most of my hair cut off, now that I am off of all meds that I took for years(stomach acids, daily insulin injections, diabetes pills 2x a day, allergy meds, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, pain pills and steroids for my back injuries)I am beginning a cleanse to officially detox my system. Begining in January I will be on a regimen of walking, Yoga, swimming and some dance classes (I used to dance professionally when I was younger) and I am thinking maybe trying some Zumba after I loose another 25-40lbs Along with long morning walks on the beach. From Jan 6-Mar 1 I will be on a Body Mind and Spirit Sabbatical in Key West. I will also be writing my book! It is time to work this last part of my cocoon off. Today I am happier and more balanced then I can ever remember, and I am living in a constant state of gratitude. I am so blessed! Happy Holidays Dear Ones...<3

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear you are doing well Robin…you really are an inspiration to all of us!

    ReplyDelete