Monday, August 16, 2010

It's a New Dawn a New Day.....And I am feeling?

So the song goes.....I am feeling good! Most days are pretty awesome. I love having so much energy. And did I mention I now have a closet and a dresser full of things I can't wear for an entirely different reason? These days, getting ready still takes forever, but instead of nothing fitting properly or at all, now they are falling off and not fitting at all! ( : I AM NOT complaining. But I am now trying to decide do I take the really good designer stuff to be altered, or should I just replace them? I never thought about the the expense of doing that. But I think that I will have to be smart and do it in baby steps. Going to start cruising the
2 nd Hand Consignment Stores in the area. Save money that way. Maybe take my Blue Fish Designer Dresses, shirts and skirts in with me and resell them on consignment or EBay. For those who don't know, Blue Fish clothes are heavy grade A cotton, organic, hand painted, dated and numbered pieces. I own several vintage "retired" pieces. My favorite? A dark green Celtic looking dress with velvet trim and cuffs that retails for well over $300. These designs are: Renaissance, Mystical & Romantic and always in style. They look good on all shapes and sizes, dresses are almost floor length. Always fit "me" and the type of work that I do out in the world. Whenever I wear them on stage or after a church service, women always ask me WEAR can they find them? For years, I have been pimping this brand as well as the Angel Heart Designs too. I will now need to let these go and slowly begin to replace them with something that fits the new "me" better. Maybe it's time to show a little more leg? lol With another 60+ lbs to go, I will wait to buy NEW items until the true butterfly is done emerging. I am grateful for the use of these "works of art." I support the art community 100 %. I buy things that move me, touch my spirit. And yes, I like things with textures. Handmade or vintage antique jewelry, clothes, cotton & hemp products....I find myself these days going greener still. Antique shops just "call me." To help the planet I have been recycling, reusing and refurbishing for years. I am finally becoming more the "me" that I have been missing for so long. There is a whole new level of energy in the connection to Spirit and to the connection of everything actually. I am laughing MORE. Finding so much joy in the everyday, simple things. I thank God everyday for the gifts, and for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment