Sunday, May 16, 2010

Roughing the Storm

So surgery went well last Mon. I was released late Wed afternoon. Ended up with a awesome private suite, wonderful nurses & friends. Over all the Dr couldn't have been happier with the results. Now I have realized that trying to rough out the pain and discomfort for the next few weeks might be more challenging than I first thought. The only allergic reaction I had was to the meds in my pain pump. Caused a "vertigo" reaction that was the most "stormy" night during my stay. Today I was finally able to read and focus my eyes without the body wanting to throw myself or my cookies overboard! Sleeping isn't easy without one of those lovely adjustable beds the hospital uses (the only thing I miss) I feel like a turtle on my back most of the time. I need help up and down, in and out. Jo has taken family leave for 10 more days to help me. I am grateful. I have emotional showers which occur daily. Teary from this entire metamorphose process. All of the changes happening so quickly and the total lack of control I have with my body right now. Taking lots of deep breaths and one day at a time. Keeping my eyes on the prize. Not making too many plans far out yet. And can I tell you that RESTING, SITTING, WATCHING MINDLESS TV is not fun for someone who is always running in the fast lane.
I am taking walks with Lily Bits. Can't lift anything for a month (((((what?)))))) She has been a wonderful 4 legged nurse. Kisses the blues away. I will be busy learning how to delegate and allowing others help me. Another lesson I am sure will be awkward. I heard lyrics to an old song for the 70"s I think just before dawn yesterday, "I've been to Paradise....but I've never been to Me."
A female guides voice was singing it in my head like a powerful spirit message! I got it loud and clear. I will take my time getting to know me, my body better. We are bonding right now. I no longer look at it as my enemy or anchor. When it talks: I will listen. When it is tired I will rest it. And everyday I will worship my physical temple. Take the time to fix and balance what is broken. Shed this skin, grow those wings and fly! Did I mention we are going on a cruise Oct 2-8 to the Bahamas? Celebrating a dear friends 60th Birthday. Mmmm.....I see lots and lots of dancing & dolphin! (and note to self - patches for sea sickness) *giggles*

No comments:

Post a Comment